Are you passionate about building well designed websites and obsessed with detail? Do you like building systems end-to-end? Looking to join a growing and innovative company?
We're growing our team to support two new innovative products in the fundraising industry: secondary market & initial exchange offerings, in addition to improving our market-leading equity crowdfunding platform. It's also a great place to learn about startups and fundraising in general.
- Join a newly created team and influence the way it evolves
- Accelerate your growth by working with an experienced product and tech team
- Flexible hybrid working available
This person is someone we can count on to...
Be passionate about design and delighting users. This person is both a designer and developer.
You'll be expected to ensure a consistent UI experience across our ECF and IEO platforms. You'll be working on the business logic, which communicates with our internal admin systems and user-facing website via APIs.
The frontend tech stack is Angular and React (though we're looking to consolidate). Designs are in Figma, but we're always looking to improve this process. Familiarity with either is not required, but preferred.
The backend tech stack is a NodeJS & .NET Core, your experience will determine where you work. Improve the system by updating techniques, standards and technologies used. Includes improving our processes with better documentation and unit tests.
Strong logical and problem solving ability is required.
Within 1 month, you'll be...
- Implementing designs, creating new APIs, improving existing features - in collaboration with product manager
- Collaborating with designer to create mocks & prototypes of new pages & features
- Involved in sprint planning
- Responsible for debugging and ensuring cross-browser consistency
Within 3 months, you'll be...
- Actively improving our organisation and documentation of the code
- Starting to get involved in end-to-end development of new features, while helping to resolve issues. By now you should be familiar with the application user flow
- Responsible for speed and optimisation of the APIs and frontend
Within 6 months, you'll be...
- Lead the design and implementation of new features for our web applications
- Evangelize best practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of our development process.
Requirements for this role
- Min 3 years work experience as a developer, preferably in a startup (formal education not required)
- Proven track record of delivering products
- Knowledge of CSS & JS (Angular or React a plus) and related ecosystem (e.g. node, postCSS etc.)
- Experience in any backend language, Node or .NET prefered but not required.
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process preferred (design, development and deployment)
- Understanding of general design principles, UX, SEO, cross-browser limitations
- Keep updated with latest techniques, technologies and browser features
Founded in 2012, we're pioneers of alternative fundraising. We are one of the few recognised by the Securities Commission. Our innovative team has allowed us to become the largest equity crowdfunding (ECF) platform in Malaysia. We believe in using technology to make investments easier for everyone, investing in projects they believe in, and supporting entrepreneurs. And in the process democratising fundraising and investments, making it accessible to everyone. Join us in creating the digital capital market hub of Malaysia.