Are you passionate about creating performant products and maintainable code? Do you like mentoring junior developers and passionate about the dev experience? Looking to join a growing and innovative company?
We're growing our team to support two new innovative products in the fundraising industry: secondary market & initial exchange offerings, in addition to improving our market-leading equity crowdfunding platform. It's also a great place to learn about startups and fundraising in general.
- Join a newly created team and influence the way it evolves, reporting directly to CTO
- Accelerate your growth by working with an experienced product and tech team
- Flexible hybrid working available
This person is someone we can count on to...
Be responsible for the server side code and APIs of our web applications. That means ensuring APIs are organised, documented, performant and secure. Your code is reusable and maintainable. You'll be involved in the entire product development lifecycle including the design, development, and maintenance of new and existing features. Ultimately, you'll be the driving force behind all back-end activities.
But you won't be doing this alone. You'll be mentoring a team of frontend and full stack developers to ship well designed and scalable products. As a lead you'll be spending some of your time improving the team: such as code review, updating techniques, standards, introducing new technologies and improving processes.
Our stack is primarily .NET with Angular/React frontend consuming APIs. There are a couple of smaller systems running Node. Hosted in Azure. CI/CD, deployment is handled by DevOps.
Within 1 month, you'll be...
- Designing robust APIs to support the web applications. Produce quality code, raising the bar for team performance, speed and security, including writing unit tests
- Mentoring the dev team and leading code review and correctness of solution
- Collaborating with the CTO and product team on sprint planning
Within 3 months, you'll be...
- Actively focus on efficiency, user experience, process improvement and developer experience, finding ways to increase throughput. Making the development workflow your own
- Leading documentation efforts to keep the API organised
- Starting to get involved in end-to-end development of new features, while helping to resolve issues
Within 6 months, you'll be...
- Using your excellent project and time management skills to lead feature development, manage timelines and lead sprint planning
- Optimising web applications for performance and scalability. Identifying any code refactoring required and getting that into the roadmap
- Leading the drive for new technologies. Participating in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices, learn new programming languages, and better assist other team members
Requirements for this role
- Min 5 years work experience as a developer, preferably in a startup (formal education not required)
- Preferably with experience directly leading a team or project (or looking to take on more responsibility)
- Have a good understanding of the entire product development process, particularly the web development cycle, backed with experience
- Proven track record of delivering products
- Have enough experience to know when you should follow best practices and when you can take shortcuts
- Keep updated with latest techniques, technologies and browser features
- Strong problem solving & verbal and written communication skills
Founded in 2012, we're pioneers of alternative fundraising. We are one of the few recognised by the Securities Commission. Our innovative team has allowed us to become the largest equity crowdfunding (ECF) platform in Malaysia. We believe in using technology to make investments easier for everyone, investing in projects they believe in, and supporting entrepreneurs. And in the process democratising fundraising and investments, making it accessible to everyone. Join us in creating the digital capital market hub of Malaysia.