Frontend UI Developer
Do you like well designed websites and is obsessed with detail? Are you passionate about creating scalable, consistent design systems? Looking to join a growing and innovative company?
We're growing our team to support two new innovative products in the fundraising industry: secondary market & initial exchange offerings, in addition to improving our market-leading equity crowdfunding platform. It's also a great place to learn about startups and fundraising in general.
- Join a newly created team and influence the way it evolves
- Accelerate your growth by working with an experienced product and tech team
- Flexible hybrid working available
This person is someone we can count on to...
Be passionate about design and delighting users. This person is both a designer and developer. You'll be expected to own the UI experience, ensuring a consistent design across our platforms by implementing a design system, both in terms of UI and code. Performance and keeping up-to-date with new techniques, standards and technologies are also important.
Codewise you'll be working with CSS and JS. JS would be limited to animation and UX (e.g. loading states, validation states etc). You won't be heavily involved on the logic side, unless you want to be.
The frontend tech stack is Angular and React (though we're looking to consolidate). Designs are in Figma, but we're always looking to improve this process. Familiarity with either is not required, but preferred.
Within 1 month, you'll be...
- Implementing designs on our existing platforms, improving existing features - in collaboration with product manager
- Lead migration of components from Bootstrap to Tailwind
- Involved in sprint planning
- Responsible for debugging and ensuring cross-browser consistency
Within 3 months, you'll be...
- Actively improving our design system and organisation of the code
- Collaborating with designer to create mocks & prototypes of new pages & features
- Leading designs on completely new platforms
- Looking for ways to improve speed and optimisation of the frontend
Requirements for this role
- Min 3 years work experience as a developer, preferably in a startup (formal education not required)
- Proven experience in implementing great mobile-first UI with consistent cross-browser experience
- Knowledge of CSS & JS (any framework) and related ecosystem (e.g. node, postCSS etc.)
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process preferred (design, development and deployment)
- Understanding on general design principles, UX, SEO, cross-browser limitations
- Keep updated with latest techniques, technologies and browser features
Founded in 2012, we're pioneers of alternative fundraising. We are one of the few recognised by the Securities Commission. Our innovative team has allowed us to become the largest equity crowdfunding (ECF) platform in Malaysia. We believe in using technology to make investments easier for everyone, investing in projects they believe in, and supporting entrepreneurs. And in the process democratising fundraising and investments, making it accessible to everyone. Join us in creating the digital capital market hub of Malaysia.
- Tech & Product
- Kuala Lumpur
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
- Employment type
pitchIN is a digital platform registered and recognized by the Securities Commission of Malaysia. We help businesses raise capital through crowdfunding and help investors find quality investment deals. Why you should work with us »
Frontend UI Developer
Loading application form
Already working at pitchIN?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.